Maryland Elder Law Attorney
The Maryland elder law attorneys here at Frame & Frame routinely assist seniors in a wide variety of legal issues. From guardianships and long term care planning to Veterans benefits eligibility and estate planning, the landscape of elder law is ever-changing and complex, and our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help you and your loved ones achieve the best possible outcome.
Our Elder Law Attorneys Address a Variety of Challenges for Seniors
Seniors face an array of challenges that the Maryland elder law attorneys at Frame & Frame handle on their behalf. We are experienced in managing all aspects of elder law to help achieve the best possible outcome for seniors and their families. The statutes change frequently regarding trusts, capital gains, estate planning, probate, guardianships, senior living, life planning and long-term care. Medicare, Medicaid, and Veteran’s benefits eligibility guidelines change frequently as well. Partnering with an elder law attorney with compassion and legal acumen goes a long way toward achieving peace of mind. The Maryland elder law attorneys at Frame & Frame have the experience and resources necessary to help you work through your legal matters. We represent senior clients in Maryland from our offices in Pasadena and Stevensville. Read on to learn more about the many aspects of our elder law practice. Call us in Pasadena at 410-255-0373, in Stevensville at 410-643 2202, or contact us online to get started on solving your elder law challenges.
The Broad Range of Elder Law Topics
With an advancing age comes an array of legal issues that should, ideally, be dealt with before an older person becomes incapable of making their own legal decisions. The following are some of the most common concerns that older Maryland residents have, and are areas of elder law that we can assist you or your loved one with:
- As the cost of healthcare increases from year to year, and prescription medications sometimes increase a thousand fold overnight, medical worries are one of the leading topics of concern for the elderly. Paying for high-quality healthcare and not going bankrupt is something that an attorney can help you with through the creation of trusts.
- Another common concern that we regularly assist clients with is long-term care planning. According to a survey, 60 percent of senior citizens believe that the younger generation today is less supportive of older people than their own generation was, as reported by S. News & World Report. Whether that is true or not, the fact remains that a large percentage of older people will spend some time in an assisted living facility, nursing home, or independent living senior center as opposed to moving in with children.
- Asset protection is greatly important to older people who have worked and saved a lifetime to get to where they are today. Creating various trusts may be an important part of your estate plan that an attorney can help you modify or create. From Medicaid planning to creating revocable trusts and simple wills, an attorney can help you create financial stability for your loved ones when you pass away.
We Provide all of the Following Elder Law Legal Services
- Legal guardianship;
- Long-term care planning;
- Help with choosing the best senior care facility or nursing home;
- Creation of and modification of estate plans, including wills, revocable trusts, special needs trusts, and irrevocable trusts;
- Advance healthcare directives;
- Power of attorney;
- Asset protection;
- Veterans benefit eligibility;
- Probate and estate administration; and
- Protection from elder abuse and exploitation.
Clients Bring Us Their Worries and We Provide Elder Law Solutions
Elder law deals with a variety of legal issues typically faced by individuals as they age. For instance, asset protection is a big concern for seniors who have worked and saved all their lives. Rising medical problems, hospital stays, independent living, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities are suddenly big concerns because of rising costs and rising need. Whether you are taking steps now planning for the future or are dealing with a current financial or healthcare crisis, our Maryland elder law attorneys can help you solve problems and meet your goals. As clients leave our office, we can see their worries visibly lift from their shoulders. Often, we hear “I didn’t know I could do that. You have just taken a huge load off of my mind”
Our Elder Law Services are Geared to Resolving the Problems of Seniors
Our approach to elder law covers nearly every need you may have, including:
- Asset protection and long-term care planning
- Addressing end-of-life wishes through legal tools such as a living will, healthcare directives, powers of attorney, trusts,
- Probate and estate administration
- Choosing the right nursing home or senior care facility
- Establishing and updating an estate plan
- Protection from elder abuse and exploitation
- Legal guardianships
Veterans Benefits, Pension, and Aid and Attendance
Are you a military veteran with a Veterans Administration pension? Are you a survivor who may be entitled to VA pension or Aid & Attendance benefits? We can determine whether you are eligible for additional benefits and help you secure the maximum amount you are entitled to receive. If you are eligible, VA pension benefits can help you pay for the care that you need.
Affording Long-Term Care Financing
Medicaid assistance may be invaluable for someone facing the need for long-term care who may not wish to exhaust his or her assets to pay for it and losing the family home may not be necessary. But, the Maryland Medical Assistance Program has strict rules for eligibility. To obtain benefits, you must meet eligibility tests in three different areas including income, assets and medical.
Medicaid eligibility is strictly tied to financial need. However, through proper planning, you can spend down your resources and qualify for Medicaid without going broke in the process. Our experienced elder law attorneys can help you develop a plan to hold on to the maximum amount of your assets while implementing a Medicaid eligibility plan. We can also represent you in the process of applying for benefits with the Maryland Department of Human Resources and your local Department of Social Services. Additionally, we can guide you through the process of applying with a local agency for assistance in paying for community-based care, at-home care, or assisted living through one of the many Medicaid Waiver programs that may be available to you.
Experienced Legal Representation From Maryland Elder Law Attorneys
Because the statutes governing elder law change frequently and are often incredibly complex, it is in your best interest to work with an attorney who has a focus on assisting clients within elder law. The trusted Maryland elder law attorneys of Frame & Frame have assisted countless older people and their families with their specific needs, and always strive to create results in the best interests of our clients. Reach out to our Maryland law offices today for assistance.