Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Frame & Frame, LLC, Attorneys at Law Maryland Estate Planning & Probate Attorney
  • Call Us Today

What happens if the personal representative fails to perform his or her duty?

Video Transcription:

If a personal representative fails to perform his or her duty in an estate, another person who wishes to be appointed in that position, or who has standing to object to the the person representative serving, could file a petition with the court, asking that the court remove that person. A hearing would be set before the court, and then the court would determine whether or not that person, is in fact, complying with their obligations and performing their duties, or if that person should be removed and a substitute personal representative should be appointed.

Share This Page:

Our Office Locations

  • 102 Old Solomons Island Rd, 1st Floor
    Annapolis, MD 21401

  • 8562 Fort Smallwood Road
    Pasadena, MD 21122


  • 721 Main Street
    Stevensville, MD 21666

Skip footer and go back to main navigation