The Best Apps to Make the Lives of Seniors Easier
Learning how to use certain types of technology and electronic devices can be overwhelming, which is unfortunate because there are many useful applications that can help make seniors’ lives easier and more enjoyable. Here are some of the most useful apps for seniors, which can be downloaded. These apps range from everything between health apps and music.
- Pandora—This music station is customized to your specific listening desires. You can create “stations” by typing in an artist’s name and Pandora will include similar artists on that station.
- EyeReader—EyeReader is a useful app for those times when your magnifying glass gets left behind. Hold your iPhone over a book or magazine and the text is magnified on your phone’s screen.
- Skype—This app allows real time video calls over the phone, laptop, or desktop computer. Skype has helped millions of families stay in touch, even if they are separated by time zones and oceans. Skype is free and easy to use, like many of the apps listed here.
- Pillboxie—Remembering to take pills can be a challenge. Recalling the dosages of a dozen or more pills at different times throughout the day can be daunting. This may be why the World Health Organization has found that only half of patients in developed countries adhere to their treatment regimens, according to imedicalapps. Here is an app that provides a visual reminder of which pills to take and when.
- Tile—The average American spends 2.5 days, or 60 full hours, searching for lost items every year, according to PR News Wire. Seniors are likely to spend even more days per year searching for misplaced keys, wallets, and other items. Tile is an app that can help you keep track of small or large objects.
- Find My iPhone—Another app for keeping tabs on your phone is Find My iPhone. Calling your lost phone using another phone does not work if the volume is off or too low or if it is tucked away in a place far from where you are calling.
- Red Panic Button—This app sends an emergency message to your contacts when you push the button on your phone. It is a great safety measure for seniors who have health complications, poor balance or forgetful.
- WebMD—Staying informed about your personal health is one of the best ways to keep healthy and make the right decisions. WebMD is a great app for learning about various medical conditions. It can help empower you to understand treatment options that you can discuss with your doctor or that your doctor has recommended.
The Pasadena Elder Law Attorneys at Frame & Frame Can Help
Equipping yourself with the best apps for seniors is just part of being prepared for the future. The elder law attorneys at Frame & Frame can help you with a variety of other important problems and solutions, such as long-term care planning, Medicaid planning, guardianships, retirement benefits, and much more. To speak to a Maryland elder law attorney at no cost, call our law offices at 410-255-0373 to schedule a consultation.